Contract UF-OER-00010329-FIU awarded Fall 2014
- Surita, S., Tansel, B. Water Environment Research 2014 (accepted for publication) Evaluation of a full-scale water-based scrubber for removing silxoanes from digester gas: A case study.
- Surita, SC., Tansel, B., Sci. Total Environ. 2014 Oct 18. Epub 2014 Oct 18. Response to “Comment on Emergence and fate of siloxanes (D4, D5) in municipal waste streams: Release mechanisms, partitioning and persistence in air, water, soil and sediments”
- Surita, SC., Tansel, B. Chemosphere 2014 (accepted for publication). Contribution of siloxanes to COD loading at wastewater treatment plants: Phase transfer, removal and fate at different treatment units.
- Surita, SC., Tansel, B., Renewable Energy 2015 Aug 80; 674-681. Preliminary investigation to characterize deposits forming during combustion of biogas from anaerobic digesters and landfills.
Grant No. UF-EIES-1232036-FIU awarded Fall 2013
- Surita SC, Tansel, B., Sci Total Environ. 2014 Jan 15; 468-469: 46-52. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.3013.08.006. Epub 2013 Sep 4. Emergence and fate of cyclic volatile polydimethylsiloxanes (D4, D5) in municipal waste streams: release mechanisms, partitioning and persistence in air, water, soil and sediments.
- Tansel, B., Surita, S. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014 Jan; 37(1):166-73. doi: 10.1016/j.etap.2013.11.020. Epub 2013 Dec 1. Oxidation of siloxanes during biogas combustion and nanotoxicity of Si-based particles released to the atmosphere.
- Tansel, B., Surita, S. Waste Manage (New York, N.Y.) 08/2014; DOI: 10.1016/J.wasman.2014.07.025 Differences in volatile methyl siloxane (VMS) profiles in biogas from landfills and anaerobic digesters and energetics of VMS transformations.
- Surita, SC., Tansel, B., Ecotoxicol. Environ. Saf. 2014 Apr 1; 102;79-83. Epub 2014 Feb 1. A multiphase analysis of partitioning and hazard index characteristics of siloxanes in biosolids
Current papers under review:
- Historical and projected trends of paper and wood construction debris and associated siloxanes entering MSW landfills
- Feasibility of siloxane management at landfill gas to energy facilities: Precombustion gas phase siloxane removal vs. post combustion deposit removal
- Selectivity and validity of carbon sorption tubes for biogas sampling to determine siloxane concentrations